星期五, 11月 20, 2009

A beautiful poem

Miss Me -- But Let Me Go

by Edgar Albert Guest (1881-1959)





When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?


Miss me a little--but not too long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me--but let me go.


For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
A step on the road to home.


When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss Me--But Let me Go!

4 則留言:

M 說...

>> lastly
這首詩很感人。
一日我去後,我希望人們記得我曾帶給他們的溫暖,並將它傳揚出去。
對已去的人,我肯定他們去了另一空間。可惜我不知道空間在那裡。
有肯定答案的人,是幸福的。

M 說...

>> lastly
We have lost a dear actor-friend. I think your poem is perfectly appropriate for this unfortunate situation. Would you consider posting it in $1 blog later?

lastly 說...

M,

I've thought of it but I'm not sure whether now is the right moment. Maybe I should wait for a little while?

M 說...

>> lastly
I agree. That is what I mean "later". Perhaps on the funeral day?